Pomarine Jaeger Chatfield (Douglas Co)

Dan Stringer

Oct 13, 2016, 5:29:16 PM10/13/16
to Colorado Birds
Thanks Ira and Tammy Sanders for yesterday's post, and Adam Vesley for today's update. Following suit so others know it's still active there. At about 1:30 myself, John Drummond, and Jeannie Mitchell saw the Pomarine Jaeger at Chatfield Reservoir (Douglas Co) from the rocky point by the handicapped fisherman's pier and got good photos. It mostly sat on the water on the west / northwest side, but made several flights around the reservoir, passing by us once. It raised everything off of the sand spit and made a run at some ducks and grebes but I never saw it take food.

John also spotted two young Sabine's Gulls near the spit which provided great views, size comparison to other gulls, and photos in bright light. We were fortunate in our brief visit to Chatfield.

Dan Stringer
Larkspur, CO

Scott Somershoe

Oct 13, 2016, 6:32:00 PM10/13/16
to 'Deborah Carstensen' via Colorado Birds
Still present at 430. Probably best viewed from Jeff co side boat ramp on N end.

Scott Somershoe
Littleton CO

Sent from my iPhone