Bird Conservancy of the Rockies Chico Basin Ranch Daily Update 9/25/21

Nancy Ransom

Sep 26, 2021, 10:36:01 AM9/26/21
to Colorado Birds
Wilson's Warblers were still coming in strong yesterday, and remained a majority of my captures. We are starting to get a nice variety of sparrows and juncos trickling in, though, and the Ruby-crowned Kinglets are a staple for the seasons changing. This is my last week here at Chico and I am so thankful for everyone I have met here so far. I'll be banding my last day on Saturday!

Chico captures for 9/25:
Wilson's Warbler 18
Orange-crowned Warbler 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2
House Wren 1
Slate-colored Junco 1
Unknown Junco 1
Hermit Thrush 2
White-crowned Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 1
Gray Catbird 1
Blue Jay 1

We are open 6 days a week at Chico Basin Ranch (closed Sunday), usually returning from the first net run around 7am and staying open until about 11:30am, weather permitting. Thank you for your continued support!

Nancy Ransom

Bander, Chico Basin Ranch

Bird Conservancy of the Rockies