Curve-billed Thrasher #2, Larimer County

Nicholas Komar

May 27, 2017, 12:03:55 AM5/27/17
to 'chrisblakeslee' via Colorado Birds
This evening I birded with Dave Wade and Austin Hess in Larimer County's premier grassland habitat along CR5. The 5-mile stretch of road that parallels I25 between the Buckeye and Carr exits was pretty quiet until Dave spotted a thrasher and a pair of Northern Mockingbirds hanging around the one abandoned homestead. Inspection of the thrasher revealed an out-of-range Curve-billed Thrasher, the second one this month reported for Larimer County! Photo attached.

Nick Komar
Fort Collins CO
image1.JPG