Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Chatfield Banding Report, 5/27/22

Meredith McBurney

May 27, 2022, 9:01:43 PM5/27/22
to Colorado Birds
Activity continues to be slow, with 13 new, 1 new return from last year, and 11 birds that had already been caught this season for a total of 26 birds.  As is typical in the final days of our Chatfield spring banding, Yellow Warblers dominated - 15 of the total birds today were Yellows.  To me, these bright yellow birds, dashing around in the trees and bushes, really are spring at Chatfield!

Here's a breakdown of today's 14 new birds:

Gray Catbird 2
Cedar Waxwing 2
Yellow Warbler 7 new, 1 return from last year
Wilson's Warbler 1
Brown-headed Cowbird 1

Our last weekend!  Go here to register if you'd like to visit Saturday or Sunday.

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Chatfield Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies