Mountain Chickadees - Jeffco (Wads and Bowles)

modise

Dec 30, 2017, 11:53:03 AM12/30/17
to Colorado Birds
Given all the rarities being posted, I hesitated with mountain chickadees, but it's been a really long time since we had them at our feeders (at least five years), so I thought I'd go ahead.  We have at least two of them this morning, and we live about half a mile south of Clement park in Littleton.

Bryan and Kristin Arnold
Jeffco
5,500'

Greg Pasquariello

Dec 30, 2017, 1:17:35 PM12/30/17
to mod...@hotmail.com, Colorado Birds
I'm a bit south and east, at Santa fe and Highlands Ranch Parkway.  They are at my feeders too, although they've been here for quite some time (late August). They arrived the same time as the red breasted nuthatches.

Jennifer H

Dec 30, 2017, 9:31:13 PM12/30/17
to Colorado Birds
I live at S Kipling and C-470 and have had 3 pair of MOCH everyday since October. Very cool because I've never had them in the 4 winters I've lived in this location :)

Jennifer Hallam
Jefferson County
C-470 and S Kipling

Karl Stecher Jr.

Dec 30, 2017, 11:30:15 PM12/30/17
to Colorado Birds, mod...@hotmail.com
I moved to Aurora this summer, and have three black-caps now.
But last winter at roughly Colorado Blvd and Orchard, I had two mountains on and off during the winter into early spring.

Karl Stecher
Aurora

Dec 31, 2017, 8:40:25 AM12/31/17
to Colorado Birds
I saw one twice at my feeder in Arvada 80th and Wads yesterday! It’s only the second time in the seven years I’ve had feeders. So it was fun to see your post this morning.

Paul Avery

Dec 31, 2017, 10:15:11 AM12/31/17
to kste...@idcomm.com, Colorado Birds, mod...@hotmail.com

Paul Avery, Fort Collins  - I have been seeing what I think are Mountain Chickadees in my backyard (photo link below) in the last two weeks.  I am being told that it looks like a Red-breasted Nuthatch.  Any opinions

https://photos.smugmug.com/2017-December/i-ThBz6J4/0/c412a822/XL/mntchickadee81-XL.jpg

Becky Campbell

Dec 31, 2017, 4:33:58 PM12/31/17
to mod...@hotmail.com, Colorado Birds
I have had a MOCH here since Dec 17.  I live a bit east near Belleview and Havana, about a block south of Cherry Creek State Park.

Becky Campbell
unincorporated Arapahoe Cty

Arapahoe County, CO

Mail.indra.com

Dec 31, 2017, 7:31:57 PM12/31/17
to 3rdgen...@gmail.com, mod...@hotmail.com, Colorado Birds
I have one or two this year, mixed with the BCCH. Some years I don’t see them, but a number were just west of my house along the LOBO trail for the Longmont CBC, along with a few Spotted Towhees, someone else who I only have very infrequently at my feeders and usually only during migration. So since both are so close, I am wondering what I can do to entice them more regularly. More brush piles? I think the food offerings are fine.

Sent from my iPhone
Elena Holly Klaver
Federally Certified Court Interpreter
Conference Interpreter