Savannah Sparrow, Larimer

David Wade

Apr 1, 2014, 1:06:18 AM4/1/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Spotted an early Savannah Sparrow at the Running Deer / Cottonwood Hollow Natural Area off E Prospect in Fort Collins today. I couldn't identify it at first, fortunately I got 1 decent photo that revealed its identity. Other birds of note include the previously reported Osprey at nesting platform and a pair of Harlan's Hawks- one dark morph and one light morph. Spotted the Harlans from the White Pine Fire Lookout in the SE corner of Running Deer. I'm pretty sure I saw the dark bird in the same area a few days ago, so they might be loitering in the area and seen in the future.

Thanks, David Wade Fort Collins