RMBO Connected Lakes Banding Report 9/25 and 9/26

Amber West

Sep 28, 2014, 8:46:02 PM9/28/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Here are the banding reports from the last two days of banding at Connected Lakes State Park.  We banded 9 birds Thursday, with one new species - the Yellow Warbler, and 17 on Friday.  As well, we recaptured a Western Scrub Jay banded last year on the 9/25.

Breakdown of new captures, 9/25:

Juniper Titmouse - 1
Bewick's Wren - 1
Orange-crowned Warbler - 2
Yellow Warbler - 1
Wilson's Warbler - 1
Spotted Towhee - 1
Gambel's White-crowned Sparrow - 1

Breakdown of new captures, 9/26:

Black-capped Chickadee - 2
Bewick's Wren - 1
Orange-crowned Warbler - 5
Wilson's Warbler - 1
Spotted Towhee - 1
Gambel's White-crowned Sparrow - 7

Please feel free to come down and see the banding and birds in hand yourself!  We will be banding every weekday through Oct. 17 from sunrise to about 11:30 am.  We will also be banding on our Public Day, Oct 4th, from 8-noon.