Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 9/26/17

閲覧: 21 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Meredith...@birdconservancy.org

未読、
2017/09/26 19:53:572017/09/26
To: Colorado Birds
After 2 days off and a late start this morning due to weather, it was a surprisingly nice day - cool but no wind and the sun sort of came out to make things more comfortable!  38 new birds and a good variety of species.  Exciting bird of the day was a Fox Sparrow - only the 5th in the 30 years of the station.  BIG!  Here's the breakdown:

Dusky Flycatcher 1
Warbling Vireo 1
House Wren 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2
Gray Catbird 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 4
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 3
Common Yellowthroat 1
Wilson's Warbler 19
Spotted Towhee 1
Fox Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 1
White-crowned Sparrow, Gambel's 1

Come visit! We are open 6 days per week (*CLOSED Mondays*), weather permitting, through October 15. We are opening nets at 6:30 and should have birds back at the station before 7:30. We will close most days by about 11:30. School groups arrive most weekdays at
about 9:30.

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Barr Lake Station