Swamp Sparrows - Weld County

Cathy Sheeter

Oct 25, 2013, 5:13:28 PM10/25/13
to cob...@googlegroups.com
After spending about a week in Vermont and New York at the beginning of the month, where I was able to view and study numerous Swamp Sparrows, they seem to have followed me back to Colorado!  So, if anyone is looking to add a Swamp Sparrow to their year list, I have been finding an influx of them in Weld County, with three in the last week, in three different locations.

Locations and dates:
Oct. 19: Prospect Reservoir in the marshy stuff along WCR 59.  Both viewed and also sang.  Also had a late Catbird here.
Oct. 21: Wheeler Lake (E. of WCR 19 on WCR 28): Pished in for a good view, but I didn't have my camera with me.
Oct. 25: BeeBee Draw (WCR 45) Pished up on a branch, sat out in the open for a good minute preening.

Good Birding -

Cathy Sheeter
Fort Lupton, CO