Chico Basin Ranch Banding Report/Bird Conservancy of the Rockies- May 3, 2024

Visto 51 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Chicobander

no leída,
3 may 2024, 16:12:013 may
a Colorado Birds
Another similar bird day as yesterday, however, the locals are arriving back to the area. WE caught another Brown Thrasher that was banded in fall of 2022 as a hatching year bird (3 year -old) and for the second day in a row the Bullock's Orioles are singing in the cottonwoods. First for the season birds include: Yellow Warbler, Hammond's Flycatcher, and a Dark-eyed Junco which I believe is a Gray-headed subspecies. I am waiting on verification on this bird's subspecies determination. It had the looks and tail/wing measurements that fit the Gray-headed subspecies but I am from the midwest so I am deferring to the more experienced Bird Conservancy of Rockies folks.

***Remember Chico Basin is open to a limited number of people each day during this month. Please go to the Aiken Audubon Website to register for a morning to visit. There is a daily registration fee.

10 New Banded Birds
Yellow Warbler- 2
Myrtle (Yellow-rumped) Warbler- 1
Orange-crowned Warbler- 2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet- 1
Hammond's Flycatcher- 1
Dark-eyed Junco- 1
Hermit Thrush- 1
Gambel's (White-crowned) Sparrow- 1

1 Returning Bird
Brown Thrasher - banded in September 2022 as a hatching year bird

Enjoy the season- more birds are yet to come!
Have a good day and hope to see you when you come to visit the Ranch.

Julie Shieldcastle, Bander
Chico Basin Ranch
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies

Responder a todos