Bird Conservancy of the Rockies Chico Basin Ranch Banding Update 9/18/21

Nancy Ransom

Sep 18, 2021, 6:28:21 PM9/18/21
to Colorado Birds
Yesterday we could not open our nets due to the wind and we were in for a treat today! We have been getting lucky with capturing rarities here at Chico and today we caught a Yellow-throated Vireo! We also caught our first Black-headed Grosbeak of the season, which was personally a very exciting capture for me as a birder of the East. The Yellow-throated Vireo was captured next to the mud pit in the fenced-in area-- there should be a pathway in if others are trying to re-locate it. Thank you to all the birders who stopped by today to pay me a visit and take pics of the Yellow-throated Vireo. It is always a pleasure to see you all :)

Chico captures for 9/18:
Wilson's Warbler 13
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 1
Yellow-throated Vireo 1
Yellow-breasted Chat 1
Gray Catbird 3
Black-headed Grosbeak 1
Brown Thrasher 2
White-crowned Sparrow 1

We are open 6 days a week at Chico Basin Ranch (closed Sunday), usually returning from the first net run around 7am and staying open until about 11:30am, weather permitting. Thank you for your continued support!

Nancy Ransom

Bander, Chico Basin Ranch

Bird Conservancy of the Rockies