Cuckoos Prewitt Inlet Canal (Washington Co)

Dan Stringer

Jul 19, 2015, 9:52:12 PM7/19/15
to cob...@googlegroups.com
After seeing reported Yellow-billed Cuckoos at Prewitt Reservoir Inlet Canal (Washington Co) by Steve Mlodinow on 7-06, today 7-19 was the first chance I had to go out there for my current nemesis bird. Arrived at 6:30 a.m, greeted by large flocks of mosquitos, the first Cuckoo I saw and photographed was actually Black-billed Cuckoo which was a stunner. After this sighting I saw four Yellow-billed Cuckoos, a really good morning that made the long drive worthwhile. They weren't in the thicker deciduous stuff near the canal where I searched extensively, but in the bushes/trees closer to the dirt road, where the sun had just hit and the insects were more active.

Dan Stringer
Larkspur, CO