Hummingbirds in Wild Display

mvjo...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2017, 11:15:20 AM8/8/17
to Colorado Birds
Well it has been a very exhilarating time watching and photographing the fall migration of hummingbirds through the San Luis Valley. Based on numbers alone, this year seems to have surpassed most other years by far! I had numbers of 20 birds buzzing the feeders and vying for feeder domination. The species include Broad-tailed, Rufous, and Calliope. Strangely, we rarely see Black-chinned in the Valley proper. The birds are extremely challenging to photograph and are actually faster than "autofocus", which creates challenges in and of itself. Anyway, I thought you might enjoy seeing them at my website. johnra...@zenfolio.com  under "Recent Additions". Enjoy the rapidly changing fall season. Numbers of hummers have declined since last night!

John Rawinski
Monte Vista, CO