Pair of Mississippi Kites over Downtown Denver (Denver County)

瀏覽次數:49 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Chris Goulart

未讀,
2017年4月26日 下午6:56:542017/4/26
收件者:Colorado Birds
This afternoon while leaving the office I observed a single raptor the size and shape of a Mississippi Kite circle over a building at the end of Delgany St. by Cherry Creek.  I moved quickly to the end of the street to find a view that was not obscured by any buildings and was able to relocate the bird.  It was a single individual flying about 100 feet off the ground in a circular pattern.  The bird had pointed wing tips, a tail with a shallow "V", and was white on the body with black wing and tail tips.  The bird began to ascend and was joined by ANOTHER one.  I watched for about 5 minutes as they circled in unison and eventually disappeared from view.

The size, shape, color, and style of flying were all consistent with Mississippi Kites I have observed in South Eastern Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Texas.

I they appeared to move to the South West, but since I did not have binoculars with me I cannot say for sure which direction they went.

I realize this is an unusual sighting and that the chances of relocating the pair is remote, but this is too notable of an event for me to not make a record on the list.

Chris Goulart
Aurora, CO
回覆所有人
回覆作者