Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 9/27/19

Meredith McBurney

Sep 27, 2019, 7:08:58 PM9/27/19
to Colorado Birds
Things were pretty nice until the wind picked up at about 9:30.  We did manage to capture 24 new birds.  Highlight was an adult male Western Tanager.  Here's the breakdown:

Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Hermit Thrush 4
Orange-crowned Warbler 5
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 4
Common Yellowthroat 1
Wilson's Warbler 1
Western Tanager 1
Green-tailed Towhee 2
Song Sparrow 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 1
Dark-eyed Junco, Oregon 2
Dark-eyed Junco, Pink-sided 1

PLEASE NOTE the change in our schedule - we are now opening nets at 7:40 (an hour later) and should have birds back at the station by 8:20. We are open 6 days per week, Tuesday-Sunday, weather permitting, through October 13. We will close nets most days at 11:40, although we are closing earlier as needed due to the heat. School groups arrive most weekdays at about 9:30. The best time to visit (fewest people, most birds) is before 9:30 weekdays and Sundays.

Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Barr Lake Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies