Three toed woodpecker, Boulder (?) county

Deborah Carstensen

Jul 29, 2019, 5:50:23 PM7/29/19
to Cobirds

I saw a three toed woodpecker at Pawnee campground at Brainard lake last evening at about 8pm. He was at campsite 31. Post late because I didn’t have WiFi until now.
I was disappointed that I didn’t see any Canada jays or Clark’s nutcrackers. I did hear hermit thrushes, saw crossbills and there were plenty of white crowned sparrows, dark eyed juncos, and mountain chickadees on my hike to lake Isabel.
A young moose ran across the road going to Brainard and 3 bull moose were in the willows south of Brainard.

Deb Carstensen, Arapahoe county
Sent from my iPhone