Good birds on a 'slow' day at Harriman

Dave Cameron

Apr 23, 2023, 5:50:33 PM4/23/23
to Colorado Birds
We ambled slowly around the lake at Harriman Park (Kipling just S of US 285, Jeffco) this afternoon.  The lake was seemingly very empty of waterfowl, but we gave it a whirl, and came up with quite a bit of entertainment:

A large flock of Common Grackles, plus 1 m and 2 f Great-tailed Grackles
Many RWBBs
A couple of Blue Jays, plus a couple of Woodhouse's Scrub Jays
1 Marsh Wren, one of the highlights.
1 pair of Green-winged Teal
Many Coots and Cormorants
1 Song Sparrow
Say's Phoebes
1 Pied-billed and 2 Western Grebes
1 Red-breasted Merganser, another highlight
1 Common Snipe, perhaps the final highlight
Tree, Barn, and VG Swallows

Dave Cameron
Denver

Dave Cameron

Apr 23, 2023, 6:09:44 PM4/23/23
to Colorado Birds
Correction-- it was, of course, a Wilson's Snipe, not Common