Spider Fact and Fancy with Boulder Audubon | October Program

55 visualitzacions
Ves al primer missatge no llegit

Sydney Rayl

no llegida,
23 d’oct. 2022, 11:47:1923/10/22
a Colorado Birds

On a Silken Thread: Spider Fact and Fancy

Spiders - love them or leave them but at least learn to respect these top predators of the world of creepy crawlies. Spiders eat 400 – 800 million tons of insects a year and are thus a fine natural control on insect populations. Learn just how dangerous the infamous black widow can be, find out why the brown recluse is not a concern here in the west, and impress your friends and influence people with all your newly gained knowledge about these fascinating creatures. Get answers to all those pesky spider questions that have been plaguing you for years.

Dr. Paula Cushing is the Senior Curator of Invertebrate Zoology at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science. She began her position in 1998. She received her Ph.D. from the University of Florida in 1995. Her research focuses on the diversity of spiders in the Rocky Mountain/Great Plains ecoregion. She and her students are exploring the systematics, taxonomy, morphology, and behavior of camel spiders in the North American family Eremobatidae. At Boulder Audubon's October program, she'll discuss her research and answer our spidery questions! Learn more here.

When: Tuesday, October 25, doors open at 7:00 pm, program begins at 7:15

Where: Unitarian Universalist Church of Boulder (map link), or online via Zoom (link will be added to this page on the day of the event)

We hope to see you there, whether in person or via Zoom!

A note on COVID-19 in light of our decision to return to in-person meetings:

We ask that all in-person attendees respect the Church's COVID-19 policy, which is that all persons who enter their building must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In an effort to protect the more vulnerable members of our community, we also ask that in-person attendees follow these guidelines

  • Wear a mask over nose/mouth if attending in person
  • Stay at home if experiencing symptoms, have a known exposure to COVID-19, or have tested positive and are within the quarantine period
  • Confirm a negative test result the day of the event if you have recently tested positive or experienced symptoms.
Respon a tots
Respon a l'autor
Reenvia
0 missatges nous