Fountain Creek RP: Yellow-throated Vireo, RB Grosbeak, N Parula, Blackpoll Warblers - EL PASO COUNTY

Lee Farese

May 27, 2013, 2:10:22 PM5/27/13
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,

Good to be back watching birds in Colorado after a few months in the East. I was glad to find this morning though that I brought a few eastern birds back with me. Migration is alive and well at Fountain Creek, and there were quite a few good birds around.

1 Yellow-throated Vireo - Singing male in the "Grandfather Cottonwood" tree
3 Blackpoll Warblers - 2 Singing males and 1 female also in the "Grandfather Cottonwood"
1 Northern Parula - Singing male near the Gazebo at south end of Rice's Pond
1 Rose-breasted Grosbeak - Female between the two sections of Rice's Pond, along the path, calling

Other migrants included Lincoln's Sparrow, Yellow-rumped and Wilson's Warblers. Yellow Warblers are building nests and everywhere.

Happy Trails,
Lee Farese
Colorado Springs