Bird Conservancy Banding Report, Barr Lake Station 8/30/18

Meredith...@birdconservancy.org

Aug 30, 2018, 8:33:46 PM8/30/18
to Colorado Birds
A steady stream of birds today; we whined a lot about the mosquitoes, but enjoyed the bird activity - caught 57 new, 1 return from 2010, plus another 23 that we had banded earlier this season.  Here's the breakdown of those caught for the first time this year:

Black-capped Chickadee 1, banded in 2010
House Wren 16, many of them very young
Orange-crowned Warbler 4
Yellow Warbler 3
Townsend's Warbler 1
American Redstart 1
MacGillivray's Warbler 3
Common Yellowthroat 3
Wilson's Warbler 21
Yellow-breasted Chat 1
Chipping Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 2
American Goldfinch 1

We will be open 6 days per week (closed Mondays), weather permitting, through October 14. We are opening nets at 6:30 and should have birds back at the station by 7:15. We will close most days by about 11:30 (closing earlier now because of heat). School groups arrive most weekdays at about 9:30. The best time to visit (fewest people, most birds) is before 9:30 weekdays and Sundays.

Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Barr Lake Station