Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Chatfield Station, 4-26-18

32 مرّة مشاهدة
التخطي إلى أول رسالة غير مقروءة

Meredith...@birdconservancy.org

غير مقروءة،
26‏/04‏/2018، 5:53:46 م26‏/4‏/2018
إلى Colorado Birds
Day 2 was as grey and gloomy as day 1 was bright and sunny.  Caught 7 birds before we packed it in early as the air got damper:

Black-capped Chickadee 2 new, 1 banded 4/25/16 and recaptured on 4/27/17....he/she seems to be part of a welcoming committee!
Hermit Thrush 1 (first thrush)
Common Yellowthroat 1 (first warbler)
Dark-eyed Junco, Oregon 1
Dark-eyed Junco, Pink-sided 1

Come visit! Station is open daily, weather permitting, through the end of May, except for May 10-12 and 28. We open nets about 6:30 and close around noon. If you would like to visit on a weekend, you must pre-register - go to the Audubon Society of Greater Denver website. <http://www.denveraudubon.org/> Perhaps the best time for birders to visit is early in the morning during the week - fewer people and more birds!  (School groups arrive each day between 9:30 and 10:30.)

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Chatfield Banding Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies