RFI: birding locations near Avon

asekoonce

Jun 25, 2013, 8:31:15 PM6/25/13
to cob...@googlegroups.com
I am going to be in Avon the week of July 6-13 and will have some time to go birding.  I was wondering if folks had suggestions for good places to go birding within an hour (or possibly two) of Avon.  Naturally, I would be happy to see mountain specialties such as Brown rosy-Finch or Three-toed Woodpecker, but I will be happy just seeing a nice diversity of birds.  The one species that I would really like to see is Dusky Grouse; if anyone has suggestions on where I might find this species near Avon, I would be most appreciative.

Please feel free to contact me off-list.

Thank you very much!

Sandy

Sandy Konoce
Department of Mathematics