Pikes Stockade Closed

mvjo...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2018, 1:27:28 PM6/23/18
to Colorado Birds
One of my favorite birding places is closed for the summer. In April, on one of my ventures there, I saw where the intense winds had knocked over a massive narrowleaf Cottonwood tree, which crushed the west wall of the Pikes Stockade structure. I reported it to the State Historical group. They have since removed the huge tree but still need to re-construct the west wall and thus have closed it down until further notice. Will let you know when things open up again.

And in a brief look at the CC road south of Alamosa, wife Lisa and I noted no Dickcissels, which were thick there last year.

Hot and DRY down here.

John Rawinski
Monte Vista, CO