Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Barr Lake Banding Report, 9/23/21

Meredith McBurney

Sep 23, 2021, 7:50:51 PM9/23/21
to Colorado Birds
We started the morning with a first (and perhaps only) of season Blue-grey Gnatcatcher and ended with a hybrid Black-capped/Mountain Chickadee.  In between, we had what is becoming our standard 20 something mix of mostly warblers and sparrows, although there was a late Hammond's Flycatcher to spice things up.  Here's the breakdown of today's 26 new birds:

Hammond's Flycatcher 1
Hybrid Black-capped/Mountain Chickadee 1
House Wren 3
Blue-grey Gnatcatcher 1
Hermit Thrush 2
Orange-crowned Warbler 4
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 1
Wilson's Warbler 6
Green-tailed Towhee 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 1
White-crowned Sparrow, Gambel's 4
Dark-eyed Junco, Oregon 1

We are open 6 days a week, weather permitting through October 23.  Closed Mondays.  Click here to register to visit - we are offering one-hour slots (up to 12 visitors at a time); 7:30-8:30 most weekdays, and 8-9, 9-10, and 10-11 on weekends.  Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies