"A Birder Went Looking For Owl In Woods Last Night ..." [Spring Canyon Park, Fort Collins, Larimer]

The "Nunn Guy"

Jan 13, 2017, 10:47:29 AM1/13/17
to Colorado Birds
Hi all

Last night while killing some time before Fort Collins Audubon meeting decide to go see if Eastern Screech Owl in Spring Canyon Park was present.  I hiked to the site; waited; waited; waited; talked to locals ... no owl.  As I headed back to car; a woman and her dog approached and said "Did you see the Bobcat?"  I expressed "WHAT?  WHERE?"  We continued west and she pointed to Bobcat resting comfortably in tree!  I took numerous photos and video--I bet she was only 25 yards from path and 30 feet in tree.  A beauty!  First time I have ever seen one.

Photos:  http://coloradobirder.club/m/photos/browse/album/Mammals/

This morning on way in to work ... "only" on Nunn's "Raptor Alley can you see a Rough-legged Hawk and Ferruginous Hawk (http://coloradobirder.club/m/photos/view/Rough-legged-and-Ferruginous-Hawk-Raptor-Alley-Nunn-Weld-CO) sharing same tree.  Looking forward to tomorrow's outing.

Thanks
Gary Lefko, Nunn
http://coloradobirder.club/