Lesser Goldfinch and hummingbird species at Lowell Ponds today

Marcia Canter

Aug 25, 2018, 12:37:09 PM8/25/18
to Colorado Birds
Hi Cobirders
I found a Lesser Goldfinch among some American Goldfinches and House Finches at Lowell
ponds (Adams County) this morning about 8:05. It brings my list at Lowell ponds to 127. I got the best look at the humming bird that I've had since the first sighting on June 20 this year. It is dark, without noticeable contrast. There is a white spot behind the eye. It is not noticeably large.I have found Bushtits there often since June 28, but didn't think they were so unexpected to post. I watch the former Lowell Ponds State Wildlife area south of I-76, and N. of the Clear Creek bike path, between Lowell Blvd. and Tennyson.
Good birding. Bob Canter, Denver