Barr Lake

Norm Erthal

Sep 20, 2023, 3:16:00 PM9/20/23
to Colorado Birds
In response to the question about the granting agency. it is the Division of Water Resources only for the original construction of the dam. The issuance of a dam permit has only a few restriction. One is the offsetting of evaporation losses for the reservoir and the other is dam safety.

Norm Erthal
Arvada

Susan Rosine

Sep 20, 2023, 4:06:47 PM9/20/23
to Colorado Birds
Today at the Barr Lake Banding Station we could hear them cutting down more cottonwoods and other vegetation. They are slowly, but surely, destroying habitat for birds and other wildlife. It also looks ugly without any trees, and I sure wouldn't want to take a walk on the trail on a hot day.
If there is something we can do, it needs to be done NOW, because the destruction has already started.
I think I can speak for all of us when I say we were quite upset and depressed at the Banding Station today.

Susan Rosine
Brighton