Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Ridgway State Park Banding Report

Emily Knaack

Sep 16, 2023, 4:43:10 PM9/16/23
to Colorado Birds
Hello all! Banding was wrapped up at Ridgway State Park yesterday, September 15, and it was a busy week! On Tuesday 9/12 we banded a whole flock of Bushtits, and on Thursday 9/14 we got out first, and only, Red-naped Sapsucker of the season. Ended off with a rainy day on Friday, but we were able to open for a short period. Our totals for the week were:

House Wren - 3
Western Wood-Peewee - 2
Warbling Vireo - 2
Cassin's Vireo - 2
MacGillivray's Warbler - 3
Yellow Warbler - 2
Virginia Warbler - 2
Wilson's Warbler - 20
Orange-crowned Warbler - 7
Common Yellowthroat - 1
Bushtit - 19
Song Sparrow - 6
Lincoln's Sparrow - 5
Gamble's White-crowned Sparrow - 2
Gray Catbird - 4
American Robin - 7
Green-tailed Towhee - 2
Hermit Thrush - 1
Red-naped Sapsucker - 1

This brings our final totals for banding at Ridgway this year to:

Yellow Warbler - 11
Virginia Warbler - 5
Wilson’s Warbler - 26
MacGillivray’s Warbler - 9
Orang-crowned Warbler -14
Common Yellowthroat - 1
House Wren - 9
Black-capped Chickadee - 3
Bushtit - 20
Dusky Flycatcher - 1
Willow Flycatcher - 4
Western Wood-Peewee - 2
Cassin’s Vireo - 4
Warbling Vireo - 5
Song Sparrow - 11
Lincoln’s Sparrow - 9
Chipping Sparrow - 1
Gamble's White-crowned Sparrow - 2
Gray Catbird - 10
American Robin - 9
Sage Thrasher - 1
Green-tailed Towhee - 3
Yellow-breasted Chat - 1
Hermit Thrush - 1
Red-naped Sapsucker - 1

Banding at Connected Lakes State Park begins on Monday, September 18th!

Emily Knaack
Bander, Ridgway State Park
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies