Cherry Creek jaeger continues

Glenn Walbek

Sep 16, 2016, 10:21:18 AM9/16/16
to Cobirds
The Parasitic/Long-tailed Jaeger continues at Cherry Creek.  I am trying to see and photograph it closer than I was able to yesterday.  I will post more later.

Glenn Walbek
Castle Rock, CO

Glenn Walbek, Castle Rock, CO

Sep 16, 2016, 2:31:52 PM9/16/16
to Glenn Walbek, Cobirds
Folks,

I and others were able to spend some quality time with the Cherry Creek jaeger, including close looks and photographs.  I and others are convinced the bird is a juvenile, intermediate morph Parasitic Jaeger.  I will add close up photos later showing a long, thin bill with small nail, buffy undertail coverts, considerable white in the base of the primaries above and short, pointed central tail projections.  The bird is putting on a show from various points in the lake.

Glenn Walbek
Castle Rock, CO