Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 10/10/16

meredith...@birdconservancy.org

Oct 10, 2016, 7:46:54 PM10/10/16
to Colorado Birds
Since I last posted (last Wednesday, Oct.5), we were rained out (Thurs), then had a day with a very late start because it was so cold (Fri), then 3 nice days with a moderate number of birds with a variety of species but dominated by Yellow-rumped Warblers and Juncos.  Here is the breakdown for today's new birds:

Downy Woodpecker, 1, banded 2015
Hermit Thrush 2
Gray Catbird 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 15
Song Sparrow 3
Lincoln's Sparrow 1
Dark-eyed Junco, Pink-sided 2
Dark-eyed Junco, White-winged 1

This is our last week!  We are open tomorrow (Tues), then closed Wed, then open Thurs through Sun.  All dependent on weather, but right now looks like it should be fine.  Opening nets about 7 a.m., have birds at the station by about 7:30, closing between 11 and 11:30 most days.  We will take down the station on Sun.

Meredith McBurney
Biologist/Bander
Barr Lake Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies