More Spring Arrivals/Weld

The "Nunn Guy"

Apr 27, 2020, 12:47:10 PM4/27/20
to Colorado Birds
Hi all
  • Marbled Godwit (1) Weld CR 59 Marsh
  • Yellow-rumped Warbler (7) Crom Lake
  • New Burrowing Owl (4): Beebe Draw Weld CR 42 on N (Paired); Weld CR 62/61 on S (2 individuals)
Other notes: Crow Valley Campground closed for the season gated and signed-I'm asking our Forest if birders are still allowed to enter. Very large flooded field Hwy 392/Weld CR 63 on N (ducks so far).

Also, the Greeley Mute Swan pair, there is a photo I took on F Street, "nesting or resting"? Sure looks like a nest.

Thanks, Gary Lefko, Nunn

Adam Johnson

Apr 28, 2020, 10:11:00 AM4/28/20
to Colorado Birds
I was also curious about whether we could walk into Crow Valley or not.

Adam Johnson
Fort Collins

Jennifer S

Apr 29, 2020, 4:25:35 PM4/29/20
to Colorado Birds
A very nice Forest Service officer (I think, I didn't note the logo) told me I shouldn't be in there, and that he was choosing not to write me a ticket, on Sunday. I don't recommend walking into the Crow Valley Campground until the signs aren't posted on the gate.

The "Nunn Guy"

Apr 30, 2020, 10:45:06 AM4/30/20
to Colorado Birds
Hi all

COBIRDs RBA Alert has a comment under Weld County now (thanks, Joe R.) not to go in Crow Valley. I checked with District Monday and was told closed until further notice. If something changes I'll let you Joe R. know.

Thanks Gary Lefko, Nunn