Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 8/28/18

42 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Meredith...@birdconservancy.org

ongelezen,
29 aug 2018, 00:03:0129-08-2018
aan Colorado Birds
Wilson's Warblers (lots of hatch year females) and baby House Wrens (1-2 weeks out of the nest) dominated today; everything else was one of a kind.  Total of 56 new and 2 banded last year:

Downy Woodpecker 1 (FOS)
Western Wood-pewee 1 (FOS)
Black-capped Chickadee 1 new, banded 2017
House Wren 17 new, 1 banded 2017
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1 (FOS)
Orange-crowned Warbler 1
Yellow Warbler 1
Townsend's Warbler 1
MacGillivray's Warbler 1
Common Yellowthroat 1
Wilson's Warbler 31

We will be open 6 days per week (closed Mondays), weather permitting, through October 14. We are opening nets at 6:30 and should have birds back at the station by 7:15. We will close most days by about 11:30 (closing earlier now because of heat). School groups arrive most weekdays at about 9:30. The best time to visit (fewest people, most birds) is before 9:30 weekdays and Sundays.

Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Barr Lake Station