Four Species Flycatcher Birds

mvjo...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2024, 3:23:56 PMJun 5
to Colorado Birds
We really work hard at making habitat available for birds on our property. One of the best things is keeping the greasewood habitat in good shape where we have nesting Brewer's, Vesper Sparrows and Sage Thrashers. We do create a buffer zone to reduce fuels near our structures.

We also have nesting Say's Phoebes, Western Kingbirds, and Western Wood-pewees. Todays unexpected flycatcher was an Ash-throated Flycatcher, only the second one at our place in almost 30 years. They all made my chores less tedious!

John Rawinski
Monte Vista, CO