Where the Boulder County Golden-crowned Sparrow spends the rest of the year . . .

Ted Floyd

Oct 12, 2016, 2:50:54 PM10/12/16
to Colorado Birds
Hello, everybody.

I know a great many of us have seen and heard the golden-crowned sparrow that winters every year by the parking area at Teller Lake No. 5, Boulder County. But have you ever wondered where that bird goes every summer? Now we have the answer to that pressing question! Check out this email from California birder Ed Pandolfino:

Ted,

FYI, based on your recording of your GC Sparrow on xeno-canto (XC287271), and using the results from Shizuka et al. (attached), your bird is giving Song Type 5 which means it is likely either coming from coastal central BC or southern Yukon!

Just thought you'd enjoy knowing that.

Ed Pandolfino

Ted Floyd
Lafayette, Boulder County