Ruby-throated Hummingbird GONE?

Duane Nelson

Oct 7, 2021, 1:50:28 PM10/7/21
to Colorado Birds
Birders,

I'd love to host birders for the Ruby-throated Hummingbird that showed
up this morning at my feeders in Las Animas (Bent County, CO) , but I
haven't seen it in almost two hours, and I fear it may have departed. I
won't post again unless it returns.

Duane Nelson

Las Animas, CO

Duane Nelson

Oct 10, 2021, 8:19:00 PM10/10/21
to Colorado Birds
Birders,

The immature male Ruby-throated Hummingbird that graced my feeders since
October 7th appears to have departed. It was present through at least
mid-morning today, when I left home for a birding-hiking loop trip. I
did not see it when I returned home in mid-afternoon, and have not seen
it through dusk. I will update cobirds only if I see it again.

I'm really glad I posted this bird, and that seeing it delighted so many
people. I look forward to sharing my next rare bird with the birding
community.

Duane Nelson

Las Animas, Bent County, CO