Dusky Flycatchers, CSR, EL Paso Co, Mon

Steven Brown

Oct 1, 2018, 2:41:51 PM10/1/18
to COBirds
Hey COBirders,

I banded 2 late juv Dusky Flycatchers this morning at Clear Spring Ranch.

You can tell it is fall. Cool, cloudy, leaves are changing, White-crowned Sparrows outnumber Chipping Sparrows, Orange-crowned Warblers and Ruby-crowned Kinglets outnumber Wilson’s Warblers, flocks of Blue Jays moving S, and the new eBird filters for October went into place.

They didn’t like the DUFLs, the 50 Chipping Sparrows I saw (banded 12), or the 4 Wilson’s Warblers I banded. Oh well, How else are they going to learn?
Lotsa Mountain and Gambell’s White-crowned Sparrows today, and daily high numbers (and season) for RC Kinglets.

It has been quite a fall already. Today I passed 2000 birds processed at CSR since August 6, and I took a week off!

(Some of you know I was in Alaska, St Paul Island with Wilderness Birding last week. Yup - I was there to see all of those reported ABA Rare Birds - Solitary Snipe, Common Rosefinch, Red-flanked Bluetail, Gray-streaked Flycatcher, Brambling (5), White-tailed Eagle, Gray-tailed Tattler (2), Common Snipe (5), Eurasian Wigeon, Tufted Duck, and missed Curlew Sandpiper by hours. It was quite the week! You gotta think about a Fall Pribs trip!)

Can’t wait to see who shows up tomorrow!

Steve Brown
Colo Spgs