Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Chatfield, 5/24/18

Meredith...@birdconservancy.org

May 24, 2018, 8:04:19 PM5/24/18
to Colorado Birds
Typical late spring mornings in Colorado - perfectly cool, sunny, lovely until about 10 a.m.  Highlights of the morning today were our FOS Cordilleran Flycatcher, and a pair of Warbling Vireos, side-by-side in the net, one banded last year.  Here's the breakdown:

Cordilleran Flycatcher 1
Warbling Vireo 1 new, 1 banded 2017
Swainson's Thrush 1
Gray Catbird 3
Yellow Warbler 4 new, 1 banded 2015
Common Yellowthroat 2
Song Sparrow 1
Bullock's Oriole 1

Only 5 more days!  We are open tomorrow (Friday) then Saturday-Sunday (Pre-register for weekend visits on the Audubon Society of Greater Denver website.).  We will be CLOSED on Memorial Day, then open Tuesday-Wednesday.  We will take down the station after banding on Wednesday. We open nets about 6:30 and with the heat are now closing around 10:30.

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Chatfield Banding Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies