Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 9/29/19

Meredith McBurney

Sep 29, 2019, 7:41:23 PM9/29/19
to Colorado Birds
Between the early morning fog and the late morning wind, we managed to squeeze in a couple of hours with birds to share with the Kingery's Beginning Birder class.  13 new birds:

House Wren 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 3
Gray Catbird 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 3
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 3
Wilson's Warbler 2

PLEASE NOTE the change in our schedule - we are now opening nets at 7:40 (an hour later) and should have birds back at the station by 8:20. We are open 6 days per week, Tuesday-Sunday, weather permitting, through October 13. We will close nets most days at 11:40, although we are closing earlier as needed due to the heat and/or wind. School groups arrive most weekdays at about 9:30. The best time to visit (fewest people, most birds) is before 9:30 weekdays and Sundays.

Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Barr Lake Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies