Bird Conservancy of the Rockies, Chatfield Banding Station - May 25, 2023

Meredith McBurney

May 25, 2023, 8:09:39 PM5/25/23
to Colorado Birds
I thought we'd see more action on this nice, cool but sunny day, but it was quite slow.  Only 17 new birds total:

House Wren 3
Gray Catbird 3
Cedar Waxwing 1 (FOS)
Yellow Warbler 3
MacGillivray's Warbler 1
Common Yellowthroat 1
Wilson's Warbler 1 (FOS - this is highly unusual to only catch one, and to have it arrive this late.  There have been years when a WIWA was caught the first day of the season)
Yellow-breasted Chat 1
Green-tailed Towhee 1
American Goldfinch 1 new, 1 banded 2022 (together in the net)

We will be open Tuesday-Sunday, weather permitting, through the end of May.  Denver Audubon has scheduled one-hour time slots at 7:30, 8:30 and 9:30 for visitors on weekends; visit here to register.  (I believe many time slots are already sold out, so register soon if you would like to visit.)

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Chatfield Banding Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies