Palm Warbler. Last Chance. Washington County

JBreitsch - Denver

Sep 29, 2014, 10:38:20 AM9/29/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Western Palm Warbler sw of pond

John Breitsch
Denver

JBreitsch - Denver

Sep 29, 2014, 5:44:00 PM9/29/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
In case anyone plans on searching for the Palm Warbler at Last Chance, you may want to make sure I didn't misidentify it.  The yellow undertail coverts, eyeline, eyebrow, and the constant tail pumping are what sold me.  However, here is a very poor quality image (rain, overcast, distant) of the bird in question.  Feel free to decide for yourself.  The bird was there between 0715 - 0730 in the morning and I never saw it again, despite two additional trips back to that area.

Hopefully, at some point tonight I may have some pictures of the two plovers and the two phalaropes (wilson's and red-necked) out past Anton.

John Breitsch
Denver, Colorado