Eastern Phoebe / Phoebes? - Arapahoe

Jared Del Rosso

Mar 30, 2024, 11:38:07 AMMar 30
to Colorado Birds
This past week, I taught a sociology course on urban wildlife at DU. It's more about the human dimensions of urban non-human species than the ecological ones. But students and I spent a bit of the course birding around the suburbs of Denver.

On Thursday, we encountered an Eastern Phoebe along the High Line Canal in the Greenwood Village / Centennial area. On Friday, I swore I heard another one along the S. Platte River in Littleton -- along the Mary Carter Greenway trail on the north edge of Eaglewatch Lake. But it was the end of our time out, and I was gathering students to leave. So I didn't spend any time confirming what I heard.

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO