Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Barr Banding Report, 10/18/23

meredith

Oct 18, 2023, 7:23:55 PM10/18/23
to Colorado Birds
This unseasonably warm weather isn't good for bird banding!  Only one bird caught after 9 a.m. today.  Here's the 17 new birds:

Blue Jay 1
Rock Wren 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 2
White-crowned Sparrow, Gambel's 8
Dark-eyed Junco, Slate-colored 3
Dark-eyed Junco, Oregon 1
Dark-eyed Junco, Pink-sided 1

Our last week!  If you would like to visit, we have one-hour slots (up to 15 visitors at a time) from 7:30-8:30 most weekday mornings (Tues-Fri, we are closed on Mon) and 8, 9, and 10 a.m. one-hour time slots on the weekends.  As long as the heat continues, you are more likely to see birds if you come earlier in the morning.  Click here to make a reservation.

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Barr Lake Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies