Barn Owls

Skip to the first unread message

Scott

9 Jun 2021, 8:46:28 am09/06/21
to COBIRDS
Good Morning Everyone!

On Thursday the 16th of June,  members of the Colorado Avian Research
and Rehabilitation Institute or CARRI will be giving a presentation
about Barn Owls and the work that we are doing to help increase their
numbers in Northern Colorado.

We will be talking about Barn Owl habitat, nesting, food habits, etc.,
then  we will be banding nestling Barn Owls.

This will take place near Longmont.

If you have never seen Barn Owls in the wild here is your chance.

If interested in attending please click
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/barn-owl-seminar-longmont-tickets-156013052239?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/barn-owl-seminar-longmont-tickets-156013052239?aff=ebdssbdestsearch>

See you on the 16th

Scott Rashid

--
Scott Rashid
Director of CARRI

Adrian Lakin

9 Jun 2021, 9:16:27 am09/06/21
to Colorado Birds
Hey Scott,

The 16th is Wednesday not Thursday.

Cheers,

Adrian Lakin,
Mead, CO

Scott

9 Jun 2021, 9:23:40 am09/06/21
to cob...@googlegroups.com

Your right it is Wednesday the 16th

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/42b29721-ed54-4aaf-b1e8-348d341abc97n%40googlegroups.com.

Scott

14 Jun 2021, 10:55:53 am14/06/21
to Colorado Birds

Hi Everyone,

On June 26th at 6:30 p.m. we will be presenting a seminar  all about Barn Owls.

We will meet on the north side of Cobb Lake Northeast of Fort Collins.

During the seminar, we will be discussing the natural history of Barn Owls in Northern Colorado and then band nestlings That are nesting in one of our boxes.

If you are interested in learning about Barn Owls and seeing them up close here is your chance.

Click Here to attend the seminar about Barn Owls

As  many of you know, we have been working with Barn Owls for several years and have over 30 nest boxes placed in Northern Colorado for Barn Owls.

Through our research we have learned what Barn owls feed upon in the area, when the eggs are laid, how long incubation is and much more.  During the seminar, you will learn  mroe about Barn owls than you thought possible.

See you on the 62th.

Scott Rashid

Scott

21 Jun 2021, 8:37:42 pm21/06/21
to Colorado Birds

Hi all,

This has been a petty good year for Barn Owls nesting in our nest boxes.

One of which is in Northern Colorado.

If you would like to learn about these birds and see them up close,  Click the link Here to attend a Workshop where we will be discussing every aspect of the Barn Owls life and banding the birds at one of our nesting locations.

This is a great way to see these birds and learn about how they survive in the wild.

Barn Owl Workshop

See you Saturday evening,

Scot Rashid

Estes Park