Greenlee Preserve & environs, Boulder County, in the sleet & snow, Apr. 30

Ted Floyd

Apr 30, 2019, 8:36:56 PM4/30/19
to Colorado Birds
April went out like a lion.

Starting around 2:30 pm this Tues., Apr. 30, afternoon, we got heavy sleet and snow in eastern Boulder County, so I headed over to Greenlee Preserve & environs to see what was out and about. Conditions were trying, but the birds were plentiful, among them the following: 1 wood duck, 4 hooded mergansers, 5 western grebes, 2 American avocets, 5 least sandpipers, 2 semipalmated sandpipers, 1 Wilson phalarope, 1 spotted sandpiper, 1 solitary sandpiper, 1 snowy egret, 1 osprey, 1 peregrine falcon, 1 Empidonax sp. (gray flycatcher was my guess), 4 bushtits, 1 ruby-crowned kinglet, 10+ white-crowned sparrows, 1 white-throated sparrow, 4 Lincoln sparrows, 6 orange-crowned warblers, 4 myrtle warblers, and 10 Audubon warblers.

Ted Floyd
Lafayette, Boulder County