leucistic turkey?

ronbco

Oct 27, 2022, 10:16:55 AM10/27/22
to Colorado Birds

there are a lot of wild turkeys near my home west of Berthoud. Yesterday I saw one that was beige/tan (not white). I did not get a pic. The tail feathers still had some rufous coloring. It was the only one in the large flock like this. It was full size.
With no white would it still be considered leucism?

Ron Bolton
Berthoud

Jeff Kehoe

Oct 27, 2022, 7:15:50 PM10/27/22
to Colorado Birds
I posted this last month. Is this what your bird looked like? This one was in my yard in a group of 20 turkeys.

ronbco

Oct 28, 2022, 8:59:14 PM10/28/22
to Colorado Birds
yes!
so would that coloring be considered leucistic?

Jeff Kehoe

Oct 29, 2022, 8:54:23 AM10/29/22
to Colorado Birds
I don't know. That's the question I was asking.