Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Chatfield Station, 5/30/17

Meredith...@birdconservancy.org

May 30, 2017, 6:33:59 PM5/30/17
to Colorado Birds
We have a little pattern going here......about 3 hours of fairly steady birds in the cool morning, with one or two species dominating but a fair number of one-of-a-kinds.  Today the dominant species was Yellow Warbler, as it should be at this time of year at Chatfield.  Then we had 15 other species, most one of a kind.)  Here's the breakdown:

Western Wood-pewee 1
Dusky Flycatcher 1
Cordilleran Flycatcher 1
Warbling Vireo 2
Black-capped Chickadee 1
House Wren 1 new, 1 banded in 2016
American Robin 1
Gray Catbird 4
Yellow Warbler 9 new, 1 banded in 2015
American Redstart 1
Wilson's Warbler 2
Spotted Towhee 1
Song Sparrow 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 1
Lesser Goldfinch 1
American Goldfinch 1

Only two more days this season!  We will take down the station after banding on Thursday.  (School groups arrive at about 8:30 the next 2 mornings.)

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Chatfield Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies