Trio of Greater-White Fronted Geese - Arapahoe

Jared Del Rosso

Dec 15, 2023, 2:15:24 PM12/15/23
to Colorado Birds
While walking from a coffee shop in Littleton back to a card dealership where my car was getting its oil changed, I was lucky enough to pass what appeared to be an empty retention pond (at a place called Powers Park on W. Powers Rd) at just the right moment. A flock of geese was around the muddy patch below the park. Mostly Canada Geese, but among them (and, happily, not far from the sidewalk) were three Greater-White Fronted Geese, the most I've seen in one place in the Denver area (and at all).

It was just the right moment because a minute or two after I spotted the Greater-White Fronted Geese, a toddler ran toward the geese, scattering them out of the park (northward).

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO