Sondermann Park Local Interest 9/30 (El Paso)

Lee Farese

Sep 30, 2014, 11:51:54 AM9/30/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
I walked Sondermann Park in Colorado Springs this morning, and found a few birds of note. There were a few Wilson's Warblers left, though numbers seem to be dropping. In the northern section of the park, in a large russian olive, I found a Cassin's Vireo. Also here was an unexpected Marsh Wren. It was mostly in the three-leaf sumac beside the path, though eventually dropped down into the willows along the creek. A cooper's hawk hunting along the creek kept things fairly quiet, except for one very upset kinglet. Also a Western Tanager near the entrance to the park, and MacGillivray's Warbler in the sumac along the main wash. A few mountain birds were represented too with a Red-breasted Nuthatch and a Brown Creeper.

Lee Farese
CO Springs