Bird Conservancy Banding Report Chico Basin Ranch - 9/29/18

Kim Geissler

Sep 29, 2018, 3:36:42 PM9/29/18
to Colorado Birds
Things were pretty busy at the banding station around 8 am, and then activity decreased. I was excited to band the season's second Blue Jay. Other than that I had the typical species. The totals for the day were 37 new birds of 11 species. Including recaps, I caught 50 birds of 13 species.

Here's the summary of newly banded birds for the day:
Wilson's Warbler: 11
Ruby-crowned Kinglet: 9
Orange-crowned Warbler: 1
Chipping Sparrow: 2
Dusky Flycatcher: 1
Dark-eyed Junco: 5 (3 Oregon, 2 Pink-sided)
Hermit Thrush: 4
Western Tanager: 1
Gray Catbird: 1
Blue Jay: 1
Brown Thrasher: 1

You are welcome to visit the banding station. The last day of the season is next Friday, October 5th. Next week I'll be opening nets at 7:00 and banding until 12:00 weather permitting.

Kim Geissler
Bander
Chico Basin Ranch Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies