Piping Plover New Jersey Beaches

Denice

Jul 21, 2019, 5:12:44 PM7/21/19
to Colorado Birds
Yeah for the endangered Piping Plover! I know this has little to do with Colorado, but we do have these little gems here so... I thought this was an amazing little story in case you missed it!

https://patch.com/new-jersey/rumson/sandy-hook-cancels-all-its-summer-concerts-due-piping-plover

Wayne Wathen

Jul 21, 2019, 6:03:40 PM7/21/19
to Colorado Birds, urbanfar...@gmail.com
Thanks for sharing and I'm very happy that the NPS was allowed to do their job which isn't happening very much these days.  Right now if allowed, I would love to see more good things happening to help protect and save species even outside of Colorado.  Things are going downhill rapidly in many areas and I think this will help us all here in Colorado.  Of course I don't make the rules.

Wayne Wathen
Highlands Ranch, CO

Yeah for the endangered Piping Plover! I know this has little to do with Colorado, but we do have these little gems here so... I thought this was an amazing little story in case you missed it!

https://patch.com/new-jersey/rumson/sandy-hook-cancels-all-its-summer-concerts-due-piping-plover

The "Nunn Guy"

Jul 22, 2019, 11:47:20 AM7/22/19
to Colorado Birds
Hi all

I am a "Joisey Boy" born and raised so nice to see this effort. Wish I was a birder growing up there.

Thanks Gary Lefko, Nunn

Bill Miller

Jul 31, 2019, 5:15:30 PM7/31/19
to Gary Lefko, Colorado Birds
Gary -

I grew up in Bergan County, in Glen Rock, between Ridgewood and Patterson.  Where were you hatchd?

Bill Miller

Gary Lefko

Jul 31, 2019, 5:22:25 PM7/31/19
to Bill Miller, Colorado Birds
Exit 80

South Toms River down south

Dave Hyde

Aug 1, 2019, 1:17:24 PM8/1/19
to Colorado Birders

Hi CObirders,

                With all your great replies yesterday re the House Finch/BH Grosbeak with ‘Avian pox’, I thought I’d post this photo here to see if we can identify this warbler which appeared this morning in the company of a Virginia’s warbler. This is the only good photo I got of the bird and note that it had the two white undertail patches that most warblers have. Is this a Yellow-rumped? I looked through my Sibley and NG Guides and thought it might be a Blackpoll warbler. What is this bird? Any suggestions appreciated – Dave/nr Drake, Larimer Cty.

Ira Sanders

Aug 1, 2019, 1:50:39 PM8/1/19
to pink...@hotmail.com, cobirds
Dave